Ingredients: ½ cup sugar (if tart berries you may add more)
¼ cup flour (if juicy berries add 1 tbsp cornstarch)
4 cups berries (or 2 c. Blackberries & 2 C. Blueberries)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
2 Pillsbury Pie Shells (rolled)
Preheat oven to 425o F.
1. Lay one pie shell in pie pan. (I use a deep-dish pie pan)
2. Combine sugar & flour (& cornstarch, if needed)
3. Gently stir in berries & lemon juice
4. Pour in pie shell and dot with butter
5. Lay 2nd pie crust on floured surface, cut into 14 strips.
6. Lay strips on top pie in crisscross pattern
Bake 20 minutes then cover edges & bake 25 more minutes until brown on top & fruit juice is bubbly. Cool completely for filling to set
Leave a Reply.